Solutions for Tough Cases
Rates and Payment
To make a payment via Credit/Debit Card, please click the image below to be redirected securely to LawPay – The Premier Payment Processor for the Legal Industry.
Rates & Locations for Mediations
Half Day Mediation Session (4 hours) – This option is available for two-party cases and multiparty cases. The preferred times for scheduling these sessions are:
- 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Subject to the needs of the parties, deviations from these preferred times can be scheduled, depending upon the Mediator’s schedule.
Four-hour mediation sessions are charged at the rate of $850 per party. This rate applies for in-person or virtual (Zoom) mediations. Half day mediations that go past 1:30 p.m. will result in each party being charged an hourly rate of $400.
Full-day Mediation Session – This option is available for two-party cases and multiparty cases. The Peña Arbitration & Mediation Group provides lunch for full-day mediation sessions. The preferred time for scheduling a full-day session is:
- 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The Mediator is open to starting earlier or later, depending on the complexity of the case, the parties’ travel schedule or any other circumstances.
Full-day mediation sessions are charged at the rate of $1,650 per party. This rate applies to in-person or virtual (Zoom) mediations. The Mediator is committed to working on the case after 5:30 p.m. and into the evening if necessary. The parties will not be charged for the first hour after eight hours. Additional hours after the eighth hour will be charged at the rate of $400 per hour to be split among the parties.
Payment – All mediation fees are due seven days prior to a scheduled mediation via credit card payment or law firm check. Credit card payments can be made on-line on this website. Checks are to be made out to The Peña Arbitration & Mediation Group.
Travel – The Peña Arbitration & Mediation Group does not charge for travel to mediations. For complex disputes in locations more than 100 miles beyond Fort Worth, Texas, unless other arrangements are made, a per diem of not more than $125 per day may be charged. The Mediator will discuss the applicability of any per diem at the time of scheduling.
Cancellation Fees – The Peña Arbitration & Mediation Group will not charge cancellation fees for mediations cancelled more than seven (7) days prior to the scheduled mediation. Unless other arrangements are made, if the parties cancel the mediation seven (7) days prior to the scheduled mediation, cancellation fees will be charged as follows (a) for mediations scheduled for a half-day or less, a fee of $1,000 will be charged and split between the parties; and (b) for mediations scheduled for a full day, a fee of $2,500 will be charged and split between the parties.
Rates & Locations for Arbitrations
- Please contact Mr. Peña to discuss rates for arbitrations. FMCS, AAA, NMB, FINRA, Texas Department of Insurance and Virginia SCC arbitrations are charged based on the rate schedule published and approved by those organizations.
- A cancellation/postponement fee of $1,500 will be charged if the hearing is cancelled or postponed within 30 calendar days prior to the day of the hearing.
- There is no travel charge for hearings that take place in the Dallas/Fort Worth area (Dallas, Tarrant, Denton and Collin Counties). If travel expenses are incurred (e.g., airplane, Uber/taxi, airport parking, hotel and meals) such expenses will be split among the parties. Travel expenses will be charged from the Arbitrator’s Fort Worth office address.
- If the hearing is cancelled or postponed, the parties are responsible for fees charged for the conference space or hotel for a cancellation beyond the deadline.
- The Arbitrator is willing to conduct pro bono arbitrations. Any party or parties wishing to have the Peña Arbitration & Mediation Group conduct a pro bono arbitration should contact Mr. Peña.
- 1 An Arbitrator & Mediator Who Will Listen
- 2 An Arbitrator & Mediator Who Will Ask Questions
- 3 An Arbitrator & Mediator Who Respects All Parties